We understand that preparing for surgery can be overwhelming. That’s why we created a list of 10 questions to ask your doctor before surgery to help prepare and hopefully ease your nerves.
Helpful tip: Bring a notebook and a pen to your final doctor appointment before surgery so you are able to put the answers to your questions in writing.
- How much swelling will I have and how long will it last?
- What can I do for the swelling?
- How much pain can I expect with this surgery?
- What can I do for the pain?
- What exercises should I do right after surgery so I will have the best recovery?
- How should I care for my stitches and (or) wound?
- When can I expect to get back to normal use of the injured area?
- When should I call you?
- What results can I expect to see after the surgery?
- When can I go back to work?
Surgery presents challenges for everyone. Being well informed about your surgery and recovery makes the healing process less stressful for you and your family. Don’t hesitate to ask your doctor or caregivers any questions about your surgery and the follow up care. They are there to help you return to good health.
Have a question for us? Contact us today.